State Central Committee
The State Central Committee is the governing body of the Minnesota DFL Party between State Conventions, which occur every two years. The central committee meets three to four times a year. Its membership includes the State Executive Committee, ten elected officials, the leaders of the Minnesota Young DFL, the chairs and associate chairs of each senate district, and representatives elected from local party units. The State Central Committee operates under the party’s Constitution, the Official Call, and the State Central Committee Standing Rules. For matters not covered by those rules, the State Central Committee is governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
The Committee’s duties are to:
- Conduct business conferences to discuss party issues, training and outreach, and party building
- Reconvene an adjourned State Convention
- Grant charters to a constituency caucus as an organization within the Party
- Modify the Action Agenda
- Fill vacancies for positions elected by the State Convention or Business Conference
- If necessary between conventions, endorse candidates for statewide office
State Central Committee Documents:
- DFL Constitution
- Official Call
- State Central Committee Standing Rules
- Action Agenda
- Roberts Rules of Order
Membership consists of representatives from local party units, the State Executive Committee, ten elected officials, the leaders of the Minnesota Young DFL, and the chairs and associate chairs from each district.
Elections for 50 at-large delegates to the SCC were held on Saturday, August 6, 2016. At-Large Delegate Election Results
Upcoming Meeting Information
The DFL State Central Committee (SCC) will meet on Saturday, December 10, 2016. Location and other info will be posted soon.