State Central Committee
The State Central Committee is the governing body of the Minnesota DFL Party between State Conventions, which occur every two years. The central committee meets three to four times a year. Its membership includes the State Executive Committee, ten elected officials, the leaders of the Minnesota Young DFL, the chairs and associate chairs of each senate district, and representatives elected from local party units. The State Central Committee operates under the party’s Constitution, the Official Call, and the State Central Committee standing rules. For matters not covered by those rules, the State Central Committee is governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
The Committee’s duties are to:
- Conduct business conferences to discuss party issues, training and outreach, and party building
- Reconvene an adjourned State Convention
- Grant charters to a constituency caucus as an organization within the Party
- Modify the Action Agenda
- Fill vacancies for positions elected by the State Convention or Business Conference
- If necessary between conventions, endorse candidates for statewide office
Upcoming Meeting Information
The next State Central Meeting will be held Saturday, Aug. 8. Check back for meeting details.