The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring full-time Coordinated Campaign Field Organizers for the 2020 cycle. This is an entry level position for those interested in a field position. Field Organizers will report directly to the Regional Field Director. Positions will be based in field offices throughout the state.
- Plan, lead and execute grassroots field activities for volunteers such as phone banks and canvasses (doorknocks).
- Recruit, train, manage and support a team of volunteers.
- Serve as the local representative for the DFL within the community you are assigned.
- Help grow the local volunteer infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Coordinated Campaign leadership, Executive Director or Chair
- Meet or exceed metric based goals for volunteer recruitment & retention as well as mobilizing Democrats.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot.
- Ability to work both diligently and independently as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work long or irregular hours.
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience volunteering on an electoral campaign
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Jonathan Sperber, at email@example.com with the email subject line “Field Organizer
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian