The DFL in a superior fundraising position
The Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party has raised more than $5.7 million since the beginning of 2018. The funds raised by the DFL represent a number more than three times the funds that the Minnesota Republican Party has raised. The DFL, with more than $1.1 million cash on hand, has nearly six times the ability to support candidates up and down the ballot than the Minnesota Republican Party.
“Minnesotans across the state clearly understand the crucial nature of this year’s election,” DFL Chairman Ken Martin said. “Having nearly six times the amount of cash-on-hand as the Republican Party gives us a huge advantage this pivotal election year. It’s exciting for me to see the passion and enthusiasm we’re experiencing at the doors and on the phones be reflected in donations to the party, it’s reassurance that our message is resonating with Minnesotans.”
What the Numbers Tell Us
- The DFL has raised more than $5.7 million since the beginning of 2018.
- The DFL has almost six times the cash-on-hand than the Minnesota Republican Party.
- The DFL raised more than triple what the Minnesota Republican Party has raised this year.
- The DFL is two weeks from Primary Day with more than $1.1 million cash-on-hand.
- The Minnesota Republican Party has more than four times more debt than the DFL.