Request your mail in ballot
Voting by Mail in Minnesota is easy! You can make your vote plan below!
It is too late to request a vote by mail for the primary – You can still use the below link to make a voting plan for the primary and to request a vote by mail for the general election!
Frequently Asked Questions on Vote By Mail
What is vote by mail?
- Vote by mail allows you to cast your ballot from the comfort of your own home, as long as you request your mail-in ballot in time.
Do I need to give a reason to request a mail-in ballot?
- No, all Minnesota voters can request a mail-in ballot for any reason.
Why should I request a mail-in ballot?
- There’s a lot of uncertainty in people’s lives right now, and we want to make sure your vote counts even if you can’t get to a polling place on Election Day. Just like washing your hands, requesting a mail-in ballot is a form of protection to make sure you can exercise your civic duty while keeping yourself and your community safe.
What if I decide I want to vote on Election Day?
- As long as you have not cast your mail-in ballot, you can still change your mind and vote at the polls.
What do I need to do to make sure my vote counts?
- Read the instructions that come with your ballot carefully.
- Mail the ballot and forms back right away after you finish. Your ballot will not count if it is received after Election Day.
Why are we requesting ballots instead of voter registration?
- Ballot requests come with voter registration forms for those who haven’t registered yet.
What will you do with my mail-in ballot request form?
- We will return your request form to the Secretary of State or your local elections office within 5 business days of receipt.
When will I receive my mail-in ballot?
- If you requested your mail-in ballot prior to the voting period, it will be mailed to you when voting begins for that election, 46 Days before the election for which the ballot was requested.
I have more questions, where can I direct them?
- We’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to write to organizing@DFL.org with any questions!