Senate District 62 covers the heart of South Minneapolis. We care about our community and we take action to effect change that benefits everyone.
We work to elect DFL leaders to all levels of government including: Minneapolis Mayor, City Council, School and Park Boards, Board of Estimate and Taxation, Hennepin County Attorney, Minnesota Legislature, and United States Congress.
As Minnesota’s most racially and ethnically diverse senate district, we place inclusion and participation at the forefront of everything we do and work to ensure that every voice is heard.
Central Committee Table Officers
- Chair – Brittany Mathews
- Vice Chair – Austin Blanch
- Secretary – Amanda Bindner
- Treasurer – Al Veldy
- Outreach Officer – Al Flowers
Duties of the Precinct Chair and Vice Chair(s)
The Precinct Chair and Vice Chair(s) are the face and voice of the DFL party at its grass roots level: the precinct.
Precincts are geographic neighborhoods, and the politically like-minded people who live within them. Every level in the DFL is built on the grass roots organization that happens in precincts. As precinct leaders, you are the point of contact for neighbors interested in the DFL. You can be the change makers in your neighborhood.
As an official member of the DFL organization for a 2-year term, you are expected to attend the SD62 Central Committee regular meetings monthly and to help elect local progressive candidates by doing the following:
- Build relationships with precinct caucus participants over the next two years
- Communicate via emailing, phoning, a blog, or social media
- Let people know about SD62 and other DFL events
- Hold precinct events
- Find more DFLers in your precinct
- Record and pass along info about others who might help the DFL and campaigns
- Get people registered to vote
- Pass out the DFL sample ballot and campaign literature for endorsed candidates
- Get your precinct DFLers out to vote at election time
Your attendance at SD62 Central Committee regular meetings and work on SD62 projects and events is critical and will give you lots of ideas about things you can do in, and communicate within, your precinct. Your participation within SD62 will also allow you to bring your ideas to the table for adoption and implementation.
2020 Senate District 62 Virtual Convention
April 25th—May 4th
Due to the serious nature of COVID-19 the in-person Convention has been
cancelled. The MN DFL State Party had directed local units to host a
Virtual Convention. Ballots will be e-mailed to delegates on April 25th.
Delegates will have 10 days to complete their ballot, by May 4th.
All alternates will be upgraded to delegates.
Check out our Facebook Event for more details.