MN Senate District 53 DFL is an Organizing Unit of the Minnesota DFL. We are a committed group of volunteers and activists in Woodbury, Maplewood, Oakdale, and Landfall, working to elect Democrats to all levels of public office, promote the party platform, advocate equality for all people and create healthy communities through service, education, and empowerment.
- Chair, Cheryle R. Carter
- Vice-Chair, Tom Miller
- Secretary, Jodell Miller
- Treasurer, Patricia Williamson
- Outreach and Inclusion, Mariah Neuharth
You can determine your polling place using the Secretary of State’s Pollfinder.
The following documents contain the official boundary definitions for offices in which this DFL Organizing Unit has endorsement authority:
DFL Senate District 53
PO Box 25893, Woodbury, MN 55125
February 25, 2020
Woodbury High School
2665 Woodlane Dr, Woodbury, MN 55125
6:00 pm — Registration (check-in begins)
To avoid long lines and check-in faster, pre-register.
The Precinct Caucus
The precinct is the first level of the DFL Party structure. The precinct caucuses are a foundational pillar to the DFL Party’s grassroots history because all Minnesota constituents have the ability to participate at this level.
Those in attendance have an opportunity to speak with candidates, participate in a preferential ballot, and compose resolutions that have the potential to be forwarded to their local unit conventions and the state convention for deliberation for acceptance to the official DFL Ongoing Platform and Action Agenda.
When you participate in the SD53 Caucus, you agree to the following DFL Affirmative Action, Outreach, and Inclusion statement:
“The DFL seeks to end discrimination and bigotry in all its forms and to inspire broad participation in our party. As part of our commitment to outreach and inclusion, we will take affirmative steps to increase the participation of members of all underrepresented communities. When you vote today, remember this commitment includes electing members of underrepresented communities to positions both within the DFL party and in public office.”
Important Documents for Caucus
Precinct Caucus Non-Attendee Form (pdf)Updated
If you want to participate in the SD53 Precinct Caucus, but can’t attend in person on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, you can:
1. Fill out the Precinct Caucus Non-Attendee Form and have someone else bring it on caucus night. The form must be handed to the Convener/Caucus Chair of your precinct before 7:00 pm on February 25, 2020. Each handed-in form will be timestamped to validate its authenticity, OR
2. Email the form to the SD53 Chair at email@example.com, OR
3. Mail it to ATTN: 2020 SD53 Caucus, PO Box 25893, Woodbury, MN 55125 no later than Saturday, February 22, 2020 (it must be postmarked by this date).
4. As a non-attendee, you won’t be able to vote (for candidates, delegates, or resolutions), but you will be able to (a) submit resolutions for caucus approval by attaching a Resolution Form, (b) be nominated and possibly elected as a precinct officer or a delegate or alternate to a higher level convention, and (c) sign up to help in other ways: as an Election Judge, or as a member of a committee setting up for a higher-level convention.
SD53 Platform (Per 3/2018 Convention)
Or Apply Online
- A presidential nomination primary ballot cannot be sent to you unless you indicate on this application which major political party ballot you wish to receive. You may receive the ballot of only one major political party.
- Active duty military and overseas voters should not use this application.
- Each person must apply for themselves. It is a felony to make a false statement in an application for an absentee ballot, to attempt to cast an illegal ballot or to help anyone to cast an illegal ballot.
News & Media
SD53 Hot Dish Challenge (Fundraiser)
with Cake and Pie
March 5, 2020
Woodbury Middle School Cafeteria
1425 School Drive,
Woodbury, MN 55125
Kids 12 and under–FREE
For tickets, click here.