Headquarters: 809 NE 4th Street, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
Open Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2 pm – 5 pm
Office phone: 218-326-6296
Chair’s phone (Cyndy Martin): 218-259-8237
Itasca County DFL is a local unit of Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party of Minnesota and supports USA Congressional District 8, MN Senate Districts 5 and 6, and MN House Districts 5A, 5B, and 6A. The unit includes an active Itasca Progressive Caucus and hosts various events for education, fundraising and DFL campaigns.
WELCOME TO OUR MONTHLY ACTIVITIES:
ITASCA CENTRAL COMMITTEE 4th Mondays 6:30 @ Headquarters
PIZZA SOCIAL 1st Wednesdays 12:00 Noon @ Headquarters
COMPUTER & INTERNET LITERACY HELP 1st Thursdays between 2 – 5 pm @ Headquarters
ITASCA PROGRESSIVE CAUCUS (IPC) 3rd Tuesdays 6:30 PM @ Headquarters
POTLUCK SOCIAL 3rd Wednesdays 5:30 PM Potluck @ Headquarters
Itasca County DFL activities also include candidates’ Meet & Greet events, candidate and issue forum events, fundraising events, participation in community parades and the county fair, and sponsorship of community organizations that have complementary missions.
Learn About Itasca County DFL’s Committees HERE
ITASCA COUNTY CENTRAL COMMITTEE
Contact Chair Cyndy Martin 218-259-8237, email@example.com
Meetings are on the fourth Monday of each month, 6:30 pm at the DFL Headquarters.
ITASCA COUNTY DFL OUTREACH
Contact Outreach Officer Kenna Freestone (515) 556-1492, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITASCA COUNTY DFL PROGRESSIVE CAUCUS
IPC is committed to advancing issues of justice and equality as well as working with the DFL Party through strong outreach and issue advocacy.
Contact Chair Jeanne Newstrom 218-245-2057 email@example.com about meetings.
Contact Common Sense II Editor Val Conner 218-259-4490 firstname.lastname@example.org about their newsletter.
Meetings are the third Monday of each month, 6:30 pm at the DFL Headquarters; socializing begins at 6 pm.
ITASCA COUNTY DFL HEADQUARTERS
Contact headquarters and leave message 218-326-6296
Tasks are schedule staffing for open hours, schedule usage/reservations, upkeep of supplies, management of petty cash, cleaning.
In addition to the Headquarters that houses a progressive library, and New Directions, and Itasca Progressives, Itasca County DFL has several committees working on specific education outlets.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Volunteers write letters to newspaper editors.
- WEBSITE: Contact webmaster Jeanne Newstrom email@example.com with corrections and suggestions.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: facebook, twitter and Instagram are regularly administered.
- COUNTY FAIR: a stall is reserved for the annual fair held mid August in Grand Rapids. Tasks are coordination of staffing shifts, compiling displays, set-up and take-down.
MARKETING AND FUNDRAISING
All of the committees mentioned above also contribute to the marketing goal to promote our party. In addition, Itasca County DFL as several committees working on specific marketing and/or fundraising goals.
- SUMMERTIME PARADES: Community parades in Bovey, Deer River, and Grand Rapids show community pride in the DFL. Tasks are reservations, preparing float/signs/handouts, contact marchers.
- MEET & GREET EVENTS: Welcoming participants is an important component in attracting and maintaining DFL membership. Tasks are make contacts, provide food, publicity, set-up/clean-up.
- MARKETING: Tasks are strategizing, initiating, and evaluating actions that promote participation in Itasca County DFL.
- ANNUAL FUNDRAISER: Every year, a fundraiser is conducted to gather supporters and funds–mostly needed to pay monthly rent for Itasca County DFL Headquarters. Activities and tasks vary.
- CAMPAIGN SIGNS: Install and remove yard signs as requested. Ask landowners in key locations for access and permission to install yard signs. Keep a record of sign locations for retrieval of the metal supports. Know roadside distance regulations.
The Itasca DFL supports and elects leaders who embody the ideals and principles of the Democratic Party and the people of Minnesota. We work to enact policies so that all Minnesotans, regardless of background, have the rights of: stable employment, fair wages, quality education, accessible and affordable healthcare, living in safe communities, providing for their family, and retiring with dignity and security.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.itascacountydfl.org
Your participation is important. Your input is important. You can make a difference. Here are some ideas:
- Educate yourself on issues you care about:
- Borrow books and CDs from Itasca County DFL library,
- Watch Free Speech TV,
- Listen to progressive radio.
- Share your interests and talents with others:
- Don’t hide your opinions! Speak up; let others know you are a Democrat. Be proud to be a Democrat!
- Follow and comment on social media as a Democrat,
- Display DFL promotional items while in public,
- Find a DFL activity that matches your interests, skills, and time commitments.
Participate in DFL activities:
- Attend candidate forums, town hall meetings, pizza socials and potlucks, and fundraising events.
- Donate items and funds to support the party.
- Staff the office during open hours,
- Host the pizza social or potluck gathering,
- Help at the county fair and tabling at community events,
- Commit to a candidate’s campaign with door knocking and phone calling,
- Offer to carpool,
- Take photographs and videos.
- March in a community parade.
- Volunteer your time and talents to the party.Be a director and/or officer; be an assistant to an officer,
- Chair a fundraising committee or be a committee member; develop a donor list,
- Chair a marketing committee or be a committee member; design promotional items,
- Chair a communication committee or be a committee member with your media preference (newspaper, website, digital social media, email newsletter, television),
- Recruit and develop sustaining volunteers,
- Organize a Get-Out-The-Vote campaign,
- Be a Supply Superintendent: shop and maintain supplies for the office, projects, and events; know the inventory.
- Be a Sign Superintendent: Inventory and install campaign signs,
- Enable childcare at DFL events when requested.