We are DFL members and members of Minnesota’s Disability Communities.
- We advise and advocate for full inclusion of people with disabilities within every aspect of Minnesota life, including within all aspects of the DFL Party.
- We include people with disabilities, family and friends, advocates and allies.
- We include DFL volunteers, staffers, candidates, and elected officials.
- We share news and information about disability issues and communities.
- We show up for legislative action in our local units and at the Capitol.
- We screen and endorse DFL candidates for state-level and national elections.
- We volunteer with DFL campaigns and issue advocacy.
- In solidarity with other DFL-DC Community Caucuses and Outreach Organizations, we see and respond to intersectional issues for people with disabilities who also carry BIPOC and/or LGBTQA+ identities.
The DFL-DC does not handle ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATIONS for individuals attending DFL meetings, caucuses, conventions, or other events. For that, please see the DFL Party Affairs page at https://www.dfl.org/accommodations/ or email email@example.com or call the ACCOMMODATIONS HOTLINE at 651-251-6380.
We have no authority to provide or manage accessibility accommodations, however, if you have difficulty accessing reasonable accommodations through DFL Party Affairs and your local unit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to assist if possible.
We meet monthly, usually at 2 PM on the 4th Sunday of the month. All meetings are on Zoom and include CART real-time transcription (live captioning). Meetings are open and everyone is welcome. We invite members to join the Legislative, Accessibility, Outreach, Constitution and Endorsement committees. Annual dues are $10 but anyone can ask for a dues waiver by emailing us at DFL.email@example.com
DFL DC Leaders 2019-2020
Chair: Kari Sheldon
Vice-Chair: Brian Baker
Outreach & Inclusion: Noah McCourt
Treasurer: Alison Canty
Secretary: Karen Wills
Directors: Christy Caez, Michael O’Brien, Sonja Peterson, Karla Sand, Bridget Siljander
Our Upcoming Events
Please send us an email at DFL.firstname.lastname@example.org to receive announcements of upcoming meetings and events.