The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus (Democratic Party) invites highly motivated applicants for the position of Field Director for the 2020 election cycle. The ideal candidate will have experience in traditional and cutting-edge voter contact practices, working with candidates on a state legislative level, and an understanding of or ability to learn cutting-edge digital organizing tactics. This position will report directly to the Campaign Manager and Deputy Campaign Manager.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
- Draft, implement, and manage a comprehensive statewide field plan that includes data-informed goals, clear metrics for evaluating progress, research-guided tactics and program timelines
- Hire, train, and manage multiple layers of staff including Deputy Field Directors and Field Organizers
- Work with legislative candidates and caucus members on field activities
- Assist in building and maintaining relationships with local party leadership as well as partner and allied organizations
- Create a professional, enthusiastic, and inclusive work environment and culture among field staff
- Establish a culture of accountability amongst candidates and caucus members on field related goals
- Work collaboratively with Political Director on candidate services needs
- Communicate with campaign leadership on success, pitfalls, and needs of the field program
- Other campaign related tasks and duties as assigned, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, our members, and our candidates
- At least two campaign cycles of field experience
- At least one campaign cycle managing staff
- Experience managing some aspect of a GOTV operation
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder
- Extensive experience with Excel
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Minnesota campaign finance and compliance laws
- Understanding of digital organizing and digital organizing tools
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and demanding but fulfilling environment which includes evening and weekend hours
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellence-focused
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through Election Day in November, 2020. The position will be based in St. Paul, MN.
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Benefit package included.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning Jan 15, 2020.