The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring full-time Coordinated Campaign Regional Field Directors for the 2020 cycle. This is a mid-level position for an experienced organizer. Applicants without prior field organizing experience will not be considered. Regional Field Directors will report directly to the Coordinated Campaign Field Director. Positions will be in based field offices throughout the state.
- Recruit, train, manage and support a team of field organizers
- Manage technology tools for your region
- Oversee operations and logistics for field offices in your region
- Collaborate with and facilitate communication between field teams from partner campaigns and coordinated campaign offices in your region.
- Facilitate communication between your field team and other departments in the DFL.
- Additional duties as assigned by Field Director, Coordinated Director, Executive Director, or DFL Chair.
- At least 2 cycles OR a collective 11 months of experience as a field organizer for a progressive organization or on a DFL/Democratic campaign
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed field goals
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work long or irregular hours
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience managing paid staff
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Jonathan Sperber, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Regional Field Director.”
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian