The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring a full-time Political Program Director for the 2020 cycle. The Political Program Director will report directly to the Coordinated Campaign Director, with a start date of January 6, 2020. This position is based in St.Paul, Minnesota.
The Political Program Director will oversee the Minnesota DFL’s Community Engagement Program, which is focused on empowering, engaging and mobilizing historically underrepresented communities in the 2020 election, working closely with our partner organizations.
- Design and oversee implementation of community-specific relational organizing
programs with the goal of increasing participation of Minnesota’s marginalized
communities in the 2020 election.
- Recruit, train, and support staff.
- Identify and partner with grasstops leaders and organizations across the state to
anticipate needs, provide resources and engage their communities.
- Collaborate with Voter Protection Director to expand early vote and break down barriers
to voting access.
- Manage relational organizing data and technology tools.
- Create and execute innovative strategies to identify and engage voters in traditionally
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Executive Director, or DFL Chair.
- Experience organizing in underrepresented communities.
- Experience training, supporting, and managing staff in an electoral or community
- At least three cycles of political campaign experience, including at least one cycle in field
and at least one cycle managing paid staff
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work long or irregular hours
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience organizing in both urban and rural settings
- Experience with relational organizing tools or programs
Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a
bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Send a one-page cover letter, resume, and sample field or organizing plan to Nancy
Leeds, Coordinated Campaign Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Political
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party
is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion,
age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of
underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented
in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we
encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in
this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this
information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not
affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian