The MN Senate DFL is hiring canvassers for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota State Senate. Canvassers will report to the Canvass Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and passionate individuals who are committed to winning a DFL majority in the State Senate.
This will be a remote position while social distancing restrictions are in place.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
- Phone canvassing to identify and persuade voters.
- The ability to stay on task and meet high goals while working remotely.
- Keep accurate records of conversations with voters.
- Working as part of an outreach team to share and incorporate best practices.
- Bring issues to the attention of the Canvass Director.
- Always representing candidates and DFL values in a positive and earnest manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State Senate candidates.
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic.
- Ability to be self-motivated and diligent in reaching goals.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a computer with reliable internet access and a phone to call from.
Part-time and full-time positions available. Compensation is $20/hour with a minimum time requirement of at least 15 hours per week. Consistent weekly scheduling preferred.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) references with the subject line “Senate DFL Canvasser” to Colie Colburn at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senate Caucus will begin hiring canvassers on a rolling basis in late July.