The MN Senate DFL is hiring canvassers for the 2020 cycle to work with competitive legislative candidates in Southern Metro. Canvassers will report to the District 56 Campaign Manager. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and passionate individuals who are committed to electing progressive women to the Minnesota Legislature.
This will be a remote position while social distancing restrictions are in place.
● Phone canvassing to identify and persuade voters.
● The ability to stay on task and meet high goals while working remotely.
● Keep accurate records of conversations with voters.
● Working as part of an outreach team to share and incorporate best practices.
● Bring issues to the attention of the Campaign Manager.
● Always representing candidates and DFL values in a positive and earnest manner.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Strong time-management skills and work ethic.
● Ability to be self-motivated and diligent in reaching goals.
● Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
● Must possess a computer with reliable internet access and a phone to call from.
Part-time positions available.
Compensation is $20/hour for an expected 20 hours of work per week for a duration of 5 weeks. Consistent weekly scheduling preferred. Cell phone reimbursement policy available.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. Members of underrepresented and marginalized communities, as well as individuals fluent in Somali or Spanish are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) references with the subject line “Senate District 56 Canvasser” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideal candidates will be available to begin the first week of September.