DFL Deputy Finance Director Job Description
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party is hiring a full-time Deputy Finance Director to support our fundraising program for the 2020 cycle. The Deputy Finance Director will report directly to the Finance Director, with a start date of January 6, 2020.
Ideal candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills, in addition to understanding basic fundraising strategies. Familiarity with Minnesota politics is strongly preferred but not required.
- Process daily contributions, including data entry
- Track, prepare, and deliver thank you notes
- Manage monthly small-dollar recurring contribution program
- Develop, plan, and execute small fundraising events
- Provide additional support to other departments in high-intensity moments
- Occasionally sub in as supervisor of the DFL call room in evenings
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Executive Director, or DFL Chair
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and Google Spreadsheets
- Familiarity with NGP and ActBlue
- 1-2 cycles of campaign experience (finance or otherwise)
- Willingness to work irregular hours especially close to the election
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to Finance Director Tyler Blackmon at email@example.com with the email subject line “Deputy Finance Director”
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 8, 2019
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian