Coordinated Campaign Director
The Minnesota DFL Party is now accepting applications for a United Democratic Fund’s (UDF) Coordinated Campaign Director. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references by electronic mail to:
Minnesota DFL Party
255 East Plato Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55107
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put Coordinated Campaign Director in subject line)
Applications due February 15, 2019. Please direct any questions about the jobs or the process to Sally Miller, Executive Director. Please respect the interview process and do not ask for a meeting outside the process.
Title: Coordinated Campaign Director
Description: The United Democratic Fund (UDF) Board of Directors is excited to hire our next Coordinated Campaign Director. The Campaign Director will be tasked to build a strong 2-year plan and help the Board shape both an odd-numbered year organizing program as well as an aggressive Presidential year campaign that builds off both the victories of 2018 as well as the challenges and lessons learned. We are looking for a leader that will help us build a diverse team and strong infrastructure. The Campaign Director will also write a 2-year plan that will help utilize innovative tools and organizing practices as well as make sure we do everything possible to reach (and protect) democratic voters.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal Campaign Director will be an authentic, inclusive, and strong leader. While no candidate will embody every skill set or quality, the successful candidate will demonstrate many of the following qualifications and attributes:
- At least two (2) full cycles of work experience in campaign management
- A management-level role (a) on a campaign for federal or statewide office, (b) as staff for a party organization or a statewide coordinated campaign
- Active membership in the DFL Party (or the Democratic Party in another state).
- A properly insured vehicle for travel around the state as necessary.
- Significant experience with financial and budget management and strategy that is grounded in campaign financial practices.
- Proficiency with voter targeting, plan development, voter identification, base-vote and get-out-the-vote drives, including voter protection practices.
- Skilled trainer and facilitator that can help build large scale training curriculums.
- Knowledge and use of Vote Builder including Voter File, and My Campaign; and field management tools.
- Experience organizing in partnership with communities of color and underrepresented communities across Minnesota (or in other state).
- Outstanding written and oral communication, including effective communication among diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a diverse staff.
- Proven track record of effective staff management and building accountability structures.
- Commitment to executing the full 2 year coordinated plan all the way through the 2020 elections to ensure victories for MN’s US Senate Seat, a Democratic Presidential win in MN, and key down-ballot races.
Duties: The Coordinated Campaign Director will, under the direction of the UDF Board, and the day-to-day supervision of the State DFL Chair, and the Executive Director:
- Manage the statewide Coordinated Campaign, and offer coordination and support to endorsed candidates and their campaigns;
- Write and execute a 2-year Coordinated Campaign plan, as approved by the UDF Board, and recommend to the Board any necessary or prudent refinement to the plan;
- In consultation with the DFL Executive Director, interview, hire, and train a diverse staff. This includes a wide-search for experienced applicants and a thoughtful interview process that includes checking all references;
- Manage the Coordinated Campaign’s entire voter-contact and Early Vote GOTV program, including but not limited to voter identification, voter registration, voter protection etc.; as well as turnout efforts tailored to specific underrepresented and base communities;
- Build communication structures that make it easy to share information among UDF Board and partner organizations;
- Manage activities between partners, acting as a liaison between varied campaigns, programs and entities;
- Research and suggest new and innovative voter tools that can help enhance the 2019 &2020 UDF Program;
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative data outcomes of past and current programs to the UDF Board;
- Perform such other duties as the UDF Board, State DFL Chair, and Executive Director assign.
Compensation: Compensation range starts at $7000 per month and then will commensurate with experience from there. The DFL also provides a strong benefit package.
Diversity: The Minnesota DFL Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.