The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring a full-time statewide Coordinated Campaign Field Director for the 2020 cycle. This is a senior level position for an experienced operative who will be managing multiple layers of staff and running the most ambitious field program the DFL has run in our state. The Field Director will report directly to the Coordinated Campaign Director, with a start date of February 17, 2020. This position is based in St.Paul, Minnesota.
The Field Director will oversee the Minnesota DFL’S Coordinated field effort, which is focused on expanding the DFL base and turning out DFL voters in the 2020 election. The Field Director will collaborate closely with the Voter Protection Director and Political Program Director to ensure that all of Minnesota’s communities are engaged and empowered in 2020.
- Design and implement a statewide field plan.
- Recruit, train, and manage Deputy Field Director and Regional Field Directors.
- Oversee the hiring, management and training of a large staff field organizers.
- Create staff and volunteer training materials.
- Create aspirational goals and coach organizers and regional directors to success.
- Develop appropriate metrics and manage systems of accountability for staff and volunteers.
- Collaborate with and facilitate communication between field teams from partner campaigns and coordinated campaign offices.
- Facilitate communication between the field team and other departments in the DFL.
- Analyze data and modeling to create and track progress in voter contact universes.
- Leverage innovative voter contact tools and integrate them into the field plan.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Executive Director, or DFL Chair.
- Experience training, supporting, and managing staff in an electoral or community engagement capacity
- At least three cycles of political campaign experience, including at least two cycles in field and at least two cycles managing paid staff
- Proficiency using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work long or irregular hours
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience organizing in both urban and rural settings
Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Send a one-page cover letter, resume, and sample field or organizing plan to Nancy Leeds, Coordinated Campaign Director at email@example.com with the email subject line “Field Director.”
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian