CD8 Field Organizer
The MN DFL is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, and dedicated individual to work as an organizer in CD8. The CD8 Field Organizer will work to expand the DFL activist base by assisting local parties in recruiting leadership, training and supporting activists and DFL leaders across the district. The CD8 organizer will also work to build relationships with relevant stakeholders, assist local parties in developing and message plans and ensuring voters are heard, and will help set the groundwork for a successful election year in 2020. Effective June 1, 2020, the CD 8 Field Organizer will become a part of the Minnesota State DFL Coordinated Campaign.
The position reports to the Political and Organizing Director, and will check in regularly with CD8 Party leadership, specifically the CD8 Chair.
- Build and maintain relationships with all 8th CD party leadership, 8th CD legislators and partner organizations (political activists, farmers, feminists, union members, tribes, etc.) on the ground in CD8;
- Help Local Organizing Units to implement the 2019 Party Organizing Planning program across Minnesota’s 8th congressional district;
- Train volunteers and activists on organizing and campaign skills;
- Recruit new leaders and assist in building strong party infrastructures;
- Motivate new volunteers and activists to get involved with the DFL
- Work with volunteers and Local Organizing Unit leaders to set their voter contact plans and goals;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any other CD8 DFL related tasks, as needed
- A commitment to DFL values and electing Democrats at all levels of office
- At least 2 cycles of campaign experience or comparable organizing experience
- Experience with NGP VAN and MiniVAN
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic
- Ability to address conflict head-on and communicate directly
- Ability to spend time on the phone and canvassing
- Ability to plan and execute events, both large and small
- Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work long, irregular hours and to travel as needed
- Position requires a driver’s license and a working, insured vehicle
- Must reside in or near Duluth
Compensation: $3750/month, full benefits including health and dental insurance, reimbursements for mileage. Position is short term, but with opportunity to shift to candidate campaigns or the DFL coordinated campaign as positions become available.
Start date: ASAP
To apply: Interested applicants should send a resume, three references, and a cover letter to Alyse Maye Quade, Political and Organizing Director at amayequade [AT] dfl.org and Emily Nygren, CD8 Chair at emily.nygren [AT] gmail.com, with “CD8 Field Organizer Position” in the subject line. Applications are due on a rolling basis until the position is filled..
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. we strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities apply.