Minnesota House DFL: Candidate Services Associate
Overview: The Minnesota House DFL is hiring multiple full-time Candidate Services Associates for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives. Candidate Services Associates will report to the Candidate Services Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, creative problem solvers, with campaign-related experience, who are passionate about protecting and expanding our DFL majority in the House.
- Serving as a point of contact and resource for assigned Minnesota House candidates and their campaign teams through regular check-ins.
- Providing advice to candidates to help them run top-notch programs in field, fundraising, communications, and overall campaign operations.
- Collaborating with candidates and campaign teams to develop and execute a campaign path to victory, including district-specific goals and benchmarks.
- Establishing a culture of accountability with candidates and the House DFL to ensure effective execution of individual campaign plans and provide proactive support to help them reach benchmarks.
- Assisting campaigns in meeting field, finance, and communications objectives.
- Connecting DFL House candidates and campaigns with resources, tools, and guidance.
- Providing regular reports to the Candidate Services Director.
- Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State House candidates.
- At least one cycle of political campaign experience or comparable experience.
- Experience working with candidates running for office or elected officials preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage more than one project at once with competing deadlines.
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a laptop and a valid driver’s license along with access to a reliable car.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Salary is $3,000 per month with a competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, three (3) references, and a one-page cover letter on why it’s important to protect and expand the MN House DFL majority to Coco Millard at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “House DFL Candidate Services Associate”.
The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.