Assistant Finance & Digital Director
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus (Democratic Party) is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Assistant Finance & Digital Director for the 2020 election cycle. The ideal candidate will have experience in traditional and cutting-edge fundraising practices, with a strong emphasis on digital fundraising including social media, email solicitation, and graphic design. This position will report directly to the Campaign Manager and Deputy Campaign Manager.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
- Lead the caucus small-dollar fundraising efforts
- Create and manage caucus digital fundraising, email, and social media plan
- Assist in record keeping and accounting, planning and executing fundraising events, and digital fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with political, communications and field departments
- Work with vendors when appropriate
- Provide support to members and candidates as it relates to digital fundraising and social media plans and execution
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, our members, and our candidates
- Knowledge of or ability to learn NGP VAN campaign software
- Strong background in social media and email fundraising and knowledge of digital fundraising best practices
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Minnesota campaign finance and compliance laws
- Experience or ability to learn basic graphic design for invitations or other graphics in Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar software
- Experience with or ability to learn basic HTML
- Experience with Google Analytics and with social media management platforms such as Hootsuite or TweetDeck
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellence-focused
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through Election Day in November, 2020. The position will be based in St. Paul, MN.
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Benefit package included.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.