The Minnesota DFL Party seeks a Training Associate for the 2021-2022 election cycle. This role will be a key part of our Training and Party Affairs department’s focus on providing high quality training to our different constituencies and stakeholders. We are looking for a passionate, hardworking individual who is committed to supporting the organization we need to build our party through redistricting and the midterm elections. The Training associate will be responsible for working with the Training and Party Affairs Director to ensure the needs of party leaders, volunteers, and staff are met and will find opportunities to increase the overall quality of our work through training.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Support the execution of the training strategy as defined by the DFL Training and Party Affair Director
- Produce and present webinars, self-guided training modules and training materials for diverse audiences
- Maintain and develop the DFL Training Hub – an online learning platform – and provide support to activists using the platform.
- Work across DFL departments to identify opportunities that fill training holes and expand our reach
- Collect and review feedback around training programs.
Required Skills & Background
- Commitment to a multi-department approach to training
- Ability to build and execute projects from beginning to end
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and handle competing priorities
- Stellar personal organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong public speaking, written and verbal communication, and group facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to electing Democrats up and down the ballot.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to work long and irregular hours
- Comfortable learning and training on new technologies
- Experience with google platform and Microsoft office suite
Preferred Background & Experience
- Experience developing engaging and effective training content
- Background in training or facilitating with a multicultural lens
- A cycle of campaign and organizing experience
- Proficient in VoteBuilder / VAN
- Prior experience working with organizing teams
This position will be remote while the pandemic prohibits in-person work. When it is safe to go back into offices, we expect staff to be working out of our St. Paul headquarters The Training Associate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
The salary will be $36,000 annually with full health benefits, a 401K, and four weeks of vacation annually.
To apply please send a resume, one-page cover letter and 3-4 references to Sonja Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on April 22nd. Please put “Training Associate” in your subject line.
Diversity and Inclusion:
The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian