Red to Blue Program Coordinator
Full Time ContactElection Cycle
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party is now accepting applications for multiple Red to Blue Program Coordinators to assist legislative campaigns in a holistic way by providing guidance on multiple aspects (field, fundraising, communications, planning) of their campaign. Red to Blue Program Coordinators report to the Red to Blue Program Director for the duration of the 2020 election cycle and are based in Minnesota.
About the Red to Blue Program
The Minnesota DFL State Party, along with the DFL House and the DFL Senate Caucus, recognize that running a race in a politically challenging district can be difficult and are committed to supporting DFL endorsed candidates across the state. Red to Blue Program campaigns see increased volunteer participation and improved DFL vote totals.
To apply by March 29th, please send the following items to email@example.com
- cover letter
- voluntary self-identification form (optional)
- Support assigned legislative candidates and campaign teams to set and maintain goals.
- Meet with legislative candidates and their teams on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provide guidance, support, and tools to help campaigns reach their goals.
- Assist with voter file (VAN) training and usage.
- Monitor campaign direct voter contact progress.
- Collaborate with Party, Caucus, and Coordinated staff to provide support in line with other programming.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Program Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party.
- Experience working on a caucus, coordinated, or local level campaign.
- A collaborative and problem-solving approach.
- Experience establishing and achieving direct voter contact goals.
- Experience using a voter file (VAN preferred).
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced but fulfilling environment which includes evening and weekend hours.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working or living in a rural or exurban environment.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Minnesota campaign finance and compliance laws.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 29th
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Gender identity: _________________________________
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian