Minnesota National Delegate Selection Plan
The 2020 Democratic National Convention will be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, July 13-16, 2020. Delegates to the Democratic National Convention choose the party’s nominees for President and Vice President of the United States.
Delegates from Minnesota are selected according to its National Delegate Selection Plan. The Minnesota Delegate Selection Plan has been approved by the Rules and Bylaws Committee of the Democratic National Committee. The DFL State Central Committee approved the Minnesota Delegate Selection Plan and the Official Call at its September 21, 2019 meeting. Final documents are here:
What you need to know to become a delegate:
- Minnesota will be sending 91 National Delegates and 6 Alternates to the Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, July 13 – 16.
- You do not need to be a delegate at any previous convention or the state convention to be elected a National Delegate.
- All National Delegates are pledged to a specific candidate, except for DNC members, members of Congress, the Governor, and Vice President Walter Mondale. Delegates elected to the national convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.
- National Delegates are responsible for expenses incurred to attend the national convention.
- The Statement of Candidacy and Pledge of Support form can be found in the 2020-2021 Offical Call.