Five DFL leaders to be honored at 6th Annual DFL Humphrey-Mondale Dinner
The 6th Annual Minnesota DFL Humphrey-Mondale Dinner is set for Saturday, June 3rd at the Minneapolis Convention Center. This year’s keynote speaker is U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.).
In addition to hearing from Duckworth, a Democratic leader on the national stage, DFL Chairman Ken Martin said the Humphrey-Mondale Dinner is an opportunity to recognize the leaders who dedicate their time and talents to keeping the DFL Party strong.
“The Humphrey-Mondale Dinner celebrates leaders in our party who work tirelessly day in and day out to build the DFL so we can make a difference in our communities,” Martin said. “The award recipients represent the best of the DFL and we are grateful for their tremendous contributions to our party and to our state.”
This year’s award winners are:
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Dedication and Leadership to the Minnesota DFL: David Weinlick, former DFL party affairs director and long-time DFL activist.
- Joan and Walter Mondale Award for Public Service: Congresswoman Betty McCollum.
- Paul D. Wellstone Award for Lifetime Commitment to Organized Labor: Brandon Rettke, director of public affairs, Education Minnesota.
- Orville L. Freeman Award for Distinguished Service to Greater Minnesota and Agricultural Issues: Colleen Landkamer, former Blue Earth County Commissioner and USDA Rural Development state director under President Obama.
- Joan Growe Award for Distinguished Commitment to Expanding Access to Democracy and Justice in Minnesota: Rep. Rena Moran (DFL-St. Paul).
The DFL is excited to introduce the Joan Growe Award for Distinguished Commitment to Expanding Access to Democracy and Justice in Minnesota
“Joan Growe was one of the first women to be elected to a statewide office in Minnesota,” Martin said. “As a state legislator, she supported Minnesota’s same-day registration law; as the secretary of state, she worked to implement it. Her legacy as one of the longest serving secretary of states in the nation is immense and we are proud to recognize her contributions by creating this award in her honor.”
For more information about the 6th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner or to purchase tickets, go to www.dfl.org.
Filed under: DFL News, Events, Iron Range / Northern Minnesota Area News, Metro Area News, Southeastern Area News, Southwestern Area News