May, 12, 2017
11 days until the legislative session adjourns
9 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon will meet with Safe Avenues-Meeker County and a Safe at Home Application Assistant, 114 N. Holcombe Ave. Ste. 110, Litchfield.
9:30 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will participate in a MnAqua youth fishing event hosted by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Lake George, 1101 7th Street South, St. Cloud.
10 a.m. – The Minnesota House of Representatives meets in session.
10:15 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Safe Avenues-Kandiyohi County and a Safe at Home Application Assistant, 114 N. Holcombe Ave. Ste. 110, Litchfield.
Noon – Stand Against Trump, corner of Brookdale and Xerxes, Brooklyn Park.
12:30 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Meet with Safe Avenues-Swift County and a Safe at Home Application Assistant, 301 14th St. N., Benson.
1 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will get an overview of kayak fishing, which is the fastest growing outdoor sport in Minnesota, and will test out the waters on the Mississippi River in a kayak. Clearwater Outfitting Company, 100 Pine Street, Clearwater.
2:10 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Lac Qui Parle County Auditor/Treasurer Jake Sieg, 600 6th Street, Suite 6, Madison.
4 p.m. – Governor’s Fishing Opener Community Picnic, Lake George, 1101 7th St S, St. Cloud. Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks.
5 p.m. – Congressman Tim Walz and Angie Craig host a town meeting, Apple Valley Senior Center, 14601 Hayes Rd, Apple Valley.
Events, Saturday, May 13
8 a.m. – Governor’s Fishing Opener send off, Wilson Park, 625 Riverside Dr. NE, St. Cloud
9 a.m. – Sen. Steve Cwodzinski holds a Town Hall meeting at Eden Prairie High School, 17185 Valley View Rd, Eden Prairie.
9:30 a.m. – Team of the Lakes canvass, meet at Taste of Scandinavia Café, 2900 Rice St, St Paul.
10 a.m. – Stonewall DFL Political Support Committee candidate screenings, Clare Housing, 929 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis.
11 a.m. – 18th Annual DFL Women’s Hall of Fame awards and luncheon, Ramada Plaza, 1330 Industrial Blvd NE, Minneapolis.
11:30 a.m. – Governor’s Fishing Opener, shore lunch, Wilson Park, 625 Riverside Dr. NE, St. Cloud
1:30 p.m. – SD 25 Business Convention, Rochester DFL Office, 1500 1st Ave NE, Rochester.
2 p.m. – Stonewall DFL Board of Directors meeting, Clare Housing, 929 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis.
6:30 p.m. – Working with the Minnesota Legislature, The Spot, 220 W Lincoln Ave, Fergus Falls.
2017 session: Dayton says he’ll veto bills, resume budget negotiations next week, Star Tribune
Governor’s Fishing Opener: Governor’s Fishing Opener will spotlight the Mississippi River and its popular game fish, Pioneer Press
Humphrey-Mondale Dinner award winners announced
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award for Dedication and Leadership to the Minnesota DFL: David Weinlick, former DFL party affairs director and long-time DFL activist.
- Joan and Walter Mondale Award for Public Service: Congresswoman Betty McCollum.
- Paul D. Wellstone Award for Lifetime Commitment to Organized Labor: Brandon Rettke, director of public affairs, Education Minnesota.
- Orville L. Freeman Award for Distinguished Service to Greater Minnesota and Agricultural Issues: Colleen Landkamer, former Blue Earth County Commissioner and USDA Rural Development state director under President Obama.
- Joan Growe Award for Distinguished Commitment to Expanding Access to Democracy and Justice in Minnesota: Rep. Rena Moran (DFL-St. Paul).
Get your tickets for the June 3, featuring special guest U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth, event here.
Filed under: Your Political News Digest