In 2016 Donald Trump came within 45,000 votes of turning Minneosta red for the first time in nearly 50 years. And now in 2020, wIth the top of ticket presidential campaign, a senate race, and multiple Red-to-Blue and GOP targeted congressional races, MN is a true battleground state. To help us keep the turnout crown in the Northstar state we are looking for Regional Get Out The Vote Directors to help us turn out votes throughout the state to keep Minnesota blue!
Reporting to the GOTV Director and Deputy GOTV Director, the Regional GOTV Directors will work within the MN Coordinated Campaign ecosystem to implement the GOTV plan statewide. This job will entail working with multiple stakeholders in each region to make sure that we are turning out all of the available voters for DFL candidates. The term for the positions is September 15-November 15 2020.
- Implement the statewide GOTV plan within your assigned region
- Oversee and operate GOTV tracking systems for the management of local GOTV logistics
- Assist the assembly of GOTV materials to Staging Locations and Staging Location managers (If in person work happens)
- Monitor and respond to all GOTV-related needs within your assigned region
- Adhere to GOTV Department and DFL communication structures and interdepartmental chains of command
- Coordinate across departments and partner channels to ensure proper execution of GOTV preparation efforts
- Provide support and assistance as-needed to other coordinated campaign departments
- 1 cycle of campaign experience
- Knowledge and experience using Votebuilder (VAN)
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders statewide
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information to constituents and up the chain of command
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Available to work long and irregular hours
- Ability to thrive under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Committed to electing DFL candidates up and down the ballot
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
Preferred but not required:
- Minnesota experience or ties to the state
- Experience with relational organizing tools or programs
- Experience remotely supervising staff or volunteers
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Jackson Sump at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “GOTV Regional Position”
Application Deadline: On a rolling basis, open until positions are filled.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian