The DFL State Central Committee
The State Central Committee is the governing body of the Minnesota DFL Party between State Conventions, which occur every two years. The central committee meets three to four times a year. Its membership includes the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, the chairs and vice-chairs of each senate district, and representatives elected from local party units. The State Central Committee operates under the party’s official documents and the State Central Committee Standing Rules. For matters not covered by those rules, the State Central Committee is governed by Robert’s Rules of Order.
The next meeting of the DFL State Central Committee (SCC) will be held Saturday, December 7th. Location Washburn High School, 201 W 49th St, Minneapolis, MN 55419.
The committee’s duties
- Conduct business conferences to discuss party issues, training, and outreach, and party building
- Reconvene an adjourned State Convention
- Grant charters to a constituency caucus as an organization within the Party
- Modify the Action Agenda
- Fill vacancies for positions elected by the State Convention or Business Conference
- If necessary between conventions, endorse candidates for statewide office
Membership consists of representatives from local party units, the State Executive Committee, 50 at-large members, ten elected officials, and the chairs and vice-chairs from each district.
Members and alternates will receive an official notice of State Central Committee meeting in the mail unless they have opted in to receiving electronic meeting notices. Please contact Training and Party Affairs Deputy Director, Sonja Johnson (SJohnson@dfl.org) to receive future meeting notices by email, which saves the party time and money.