The MN DFL is seeking a hardworking self-starter to fill our new VAN Support Associate position. They will be responsible for assisting all of our campaigns, organizers, and activists in maximizing their use of political technology such as VAN and our voterfile data. This is an in cycle position ending November 2020. Due to covid-19 this position is currently remote, but ability to work in-person in St. Paul is preferred in case of returning to in-person work.
- Answering technical VAN support tickets
- Providing basic insights relating to campaign data and usage
- Assist in managing and organizing our robust support platform
- Timely and professional communication via email
- Assist in supporting and managing basic IT processes
- Assist in providing basic training on VAN
- Assist in expanding our VAN Knowledge base
You might be right for this role if you:
- Are a highly motivated independent learner
- Have experience in politics or IT support with an strong personal interest in the other
- Are interested in getting into Political Data, but don’t know where to gain experience
- Have experience managing basic IT processes and platforms
- Are humble, driven, and committed to working with a large and diverse team to improve our collective use of political technology
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to Collin Murray, Data Director at email@example.com with the email subject line “DFL VAN Support Associate Application”
Application Deadline: Wednesday July 22nd, 2020
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian