The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus (Democratic Party) is hiring multiple Political & Candidate Services Desk positions for the 2020 election cycle. The ideal candidates will have campaign-related experience, be an excellent communicator, and possess strong project management skills. These positions report to the Political & Candidate Services Director.
About the Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is committed to working together to build the state all Minnesotans deserve with high-quality education, affordable and accessible health care, and increasing support for working families. The values we share bring our communities together and serve as a guide for how we make our state work better for all of us, no matter what we look like or where we come from.
Democrats are only two seats away from winning a majority in the Minnesota Senate. We are building out our grassroots team to lead us to victory in 2020 so we can deliver on our shared values around community, opportunity, justice, and equality.
● Serve as point of contact, develop rapport with, and deliver comprehensive candidate services support to assigned candidates throughout the state
● Provide guidance, support and tools to help campaign teams set and reach their fundraising, spending, digital and administrative goals
● Support campaign teams by working collaboratively to implement budgeting best practices
● Work collaboratively with direct supervisor and Digital Director to train candidates on implementing best practices online
● Collaborate with Field Team to maximize field efforts
● Assist in building and maintaining relationships with local party leadership and allied organizations
● Create a professional, enthusiastic, and inclusive work environment and culture among colleagues, candidates, and campaign teams
● Establish a culture of accountability amongst candidates and caucus members on finance, spending, and paid communications goals
● Communicate with Political & Candidate Services Director on success, pitfalls, and needs of the Political Program through regular written and verbal reports
● Other campaign related tasks and duties as assigned, as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Highly motivated and committed to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party, our members, and our candidates
● At least one campaign cycle experience or equivalent project management experience
● Experience with VAN/Votebuilder
● Experience or ability to learn NGP or other donor database software and systems
● Experience or ability to learn email CRMs such as Mail Chimp
● Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn Minnesota campaign finance and compliance laws
● Understanding of digital organizing and digital organizing tools and willingness to participate in online organizing
● Willingness to work in a fast paced and demanding but fulfilling environment which includes evening and weekend hours
● Ability to work collaboratively and independently
● Highly organized, detail oriented, and excellence-focused
This is a full-time position requiring a commitment through Election Day in November, 2020. The
position will be based in St. Paul, MN or a regional center in Minnesota, and may require some travel.
Compensation is $4250 per month and a competitive benefit package is included.
The Minnesota DFL Senate Caucus is an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort
to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org