Overview: The Minnesota House DFL is seeking a Communications Associate who will be instrumental in retaining the DFL majority in the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2020. This position will exist from hiring through Election Day 2020. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated and passionate about protecting and expanding our House DFL majority.
This will be a remote position while social distancing restrictions are in place.
Responsibilities: The Communications Associate will be responsible for working with candidates to craft winning messages, provide strategic guidance, and assist campaign communications efforts to build positive branding of the House DFL and our candidates. This position will:
- Write press releases, social media posts, talking points, and email copy
- Assist candidates with campaign messaging, talking points, web content, and social media
- Assist the caucus Communications Director, Press Secretary, and Communications Coordinator with high-level communications planning, strategy, and implementation
- Assist with special projects and research
- Help candidates with vendor meetings, proofreading, and approval of communications materials
- Work with other campaign staff and volunteers to coordinate media efforts
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as the need is apparent or tasks are assigned by House DFL Leadership or the Communications Coordinator
- Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State House candidates.
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic.
- Ability to be self-motivated and diligent in reaching goals.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a computer with reliable internet access and a phone to call from.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and three (3) references to Matt Wagenius at email@example.com with subject line “House DFL Communications Associate”. The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.