DFL Digital Associate Job Description
The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party is now accepting applications for a Dgital Associate to expand the DFL’s online presence. The Digital Associate will be responsible for social media planning, copywriting, and execution, graphic design and video production, online rapid response, email writing, online advertising, and occasional website maintenance. The Digital Associate is part of the Communications Team and reports to the Communications Director.
To apply, please send the following items to email@example.com:
- cover letter
- samples of graphic design and video production work
- list of references
- Voluntary Self-Identification form (optional)
Duties: The Digital Associate will:
- Develop short and long-term digital communications plans in consultation with the communications director
- Manage all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, while staying up-to-date on new social media opportunities and updates to various online platforms
- Design engaging digital and print graphics (infographics, social media, rally signs, flyers, logos for events, etc)
- Work closely with the Communications Director to track breaking news that can be amplified online
- Maintain and update website with press releases, create webpages and microsites as necessary
- Manage the DFL’s email organizing program
- Assist in photographing events and producing videos
- Manage DFL digital advertising programs
- Serve as a reference for local organizing units on digital and social media strategy.
- Coordinate with and amplify the work done by other DFL campaigns and in partner organizations
- Assist with other digital/communications-related tasks as needed or as assigned by Supervisor, Executive Director, or Chairman
Minimum Qualifications: An applicant must have at least these qualifications and, except in an extraordinary case, will not be considered without them:
- 1-2 cycles of digital work on political campaigns or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to write engaging copy, both in long and short form
- Experience successfully running social media accounts for a high-profile political candidate or organization
- Graphic design experience (proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator required)
- Experience producing compelling videos using tv clips, stock footage/audio, producing subtitles (Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier required)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience running an efficient digital advertising program
- Ability to use digital tools to capture attention in creative and innovative ways
- Great eye for detail
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when necessary
Preferred Qualifications: These additional qualifications are highly preferred.
- Experience with DSLR cameras, capturing high-quality images and video
- Experience with WordPress or other WYSIWYG website interfaces
Timeline: The ideal start date for this position is mid to late January. Applicants interested in the position should submit the materials requested above by Friday, Jan 3rd.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian