The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring a full-time Coordinated Campaign Operations Director for the 2020 election cycle. The Operations Director will report directly to the Coordinated Campaign Director with a start date of March 30, 2020. This position is based in St.Paul, Minnesota.
- Set-up Coordinated Campaign Field Offices: getting leases signed and setting up insurance/utilities.
- Manage day-to-day logistics of field offices: ordering supplies and tracking spending by office in coordination with the larger Coordinated Campaign budget.
- Plan and direct logistics for setting up offices and disseminating supplies across the state.Ensure Coordinated Campaign’s operations are in line with state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Coordinate and submit all Coordinated Campaign expenses to the DFL Comptroller to ensure timely payment and smooth cashflow.
- Manage on-boarding, payroll, and reimbursements for Coordinated Campaign Staff, including keeping time-sheets for hourly employees.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Executive Director, or DFL Chair.
- Experience managing a budget and handling logistics for a large campaign or political organization
- Knowledge of State/Federal Campaign Finance. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience negotiating leases and setting up offices from scratch
- Proficiency with NGP
- Reliable access to a vehicle
- Ability to work long or irregular hours
- Demonstrated commitment to electing DFL candidates up and down the ticket
Preferred but not required:
- MN ties a plus
- Experience working on Democratic field campaign
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Employees of the DFL are paid on a bi-weekly basis and receive a competitive benefits package including health care and dental.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter, resume, and 3-4 references to Nancy Leeds, Coordinated Campaign Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Operations Director”
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian