The Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party is hiring a full-time Deputy Field Director for the 2020 cycle. The Deputy Field Director will report directly to the Field Director, with a start date of July 15, 2020. This position is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
To Apply: Send a one-page cover letter and resume to Jonathan Sperber, at email@example.com with the email subject line “Deputy Field Director”
- Manage and coach Regional Field Directors to meet and exceed goals as they lead teams of Organizers in volunteer recruitment and voter contact programming
- Under the Direction of the Field Director, develop and implement statewide management, communications and accountability systems and structures for RFDs and Organizers
- Support the Field Director in cross departmental and external program planning, relationship development and general collaboration
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a youth voter engagement program.
- Working with the Senior Advisor, African American Engagement Director, and Native Engagement Director develop and implement programming to engage Minnesota’s communities of color in the 2020 elections
- Create training materials and on-going support systems to bolster the field program and its goals
- At least two cycles of organizing staff management experience; experience managing managers highly preferred
- Experience designing, executing and overseeing youth programs highly desired
- Strong familiarity with online organizing tools, including dialer, text, relational organizing platforms highly preferred
- Proven track record of making strategic data driven coaching and training decisions and creating data reports and systems that inform those decisions
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Ability to think creatively, be solutions oriented and motivate direct reports to do the same amidst a positive and productive team culture
- Resilient and reflective team player excited to work tirelessly to elect Democrats in Minnesota
- Superior VAN and Google Sheets skills
- Experience organizing in communities of color
Diversity and Inclusion: The Minnesota DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The DFL Party is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, and/or ability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.
Voluntary Self-Identification Information (OPTIONAL)
Consistent with the DFL Party’s commitment to including groups historically under-represented in the DFL Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or disability, we encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the DFL Party. To help in this effort, we ask applicants to complete this self-identification form. Completion of this information is voluntary and is not a requirement of employment. This information will not affect the decision regarding your application for employment. This information will be kept confidential.
Select one or more groups that fit your identity:
Hispanic or Latino
Person with Disability
White or Caucasian