Senate District 43 DFL
Senate District 43 consists of Mahtomedi, Willernie, Birchwood, city of White Bear Lake south of Cedar Ave., North St. Paul, North Maplewood (precincts 1-11), and Oakdale north of 10th St. Click 43 Map for a map of the district.
Check us out on Facebook;
Senate District 43 Officers
- Chair – Bill Kempe email@example.com
- Vice Chair – Sylvia Neblett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Lynn Graff email@example.com
- Treasurer – Michelle Yener firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach Officer – Nikki Villavicencio-Tollison email@example.com
Coming soon! Senate District 43 DFL Picnic
Date: Sunday, August 13
Time: 11:30AM to 2:30PM
Location: Casey Lake Park in North St. Paul (on 17th Ave. between McKnight Rd and White Bear Ave.)
Food and Drink: Provided by members of the Senate District 43 DFL Central Committee!
RSVP: to Lori LaBey – Lori@AlzheimersSpeaks.com
Plan Ahead; Precinct Caucuses; March, 2018.
If you live in the following locations: Oakdale north of 10th St., or in Maplewood in precincts 1-11, or in North St. Paul, then go to North High, 2416 11th Ave. E., North St. Paul to attend your caucus.
If you live in the City of White Bear Lake south of Cedar Ave., or in Birchwood, or Willernie, or in Mahtomedi, then go to Mahtomedi Senior High School, 8000 75th St. N. (this is Washington County 12), to attend your caucus.
What Happens at a Precinct Caucus?
You are invited to attend a DFL precinct caucus on Tuesday, March 1, 2016, at 7pm at a location to be determined, if you vote for more Democrats (DFL candidates) than Republicans. Precinct Caucuses are held every 2 years in school class rooms and normally no more than 30 people attend a specific caucus. At a precinct caucus the following happens:
- Election of delegates to the Senate District Convention (typically held on a Saturday in late March or early April)
- As 2016 is a Presidential election year – a vote for President will be taken at the caucus
- Precinct Officers are elected who do work and are invited to attend Senate District meetings for the next 2 years.
- Resolutions on local, state, national, and international issues are debated and passed.
What Happens at a Senate District Convention?
At a Senate District Convention the following happens:
1. Candidates for State Representative and State Senate are endorsed.
2. Senate District officers are elected and they do work for the next 2 years.
3. Resolutions from the Precinct Caucuses are voted on.
4. Delegates to Congressional District #4 and the MN State DFL convention are elected.
If you have any specific questions, please contact Dick Ottman at firstname.lastname@example.org.