Senate District 07 DFL
OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
For events, see: https://www.dfl.org/sd07/home/events/ .
For contact information, see: https://www.dfl.org/sd07/contact-us/ .
For meeting schedules, see: https://www.dfl.org/sd07/home/meetings-sd7/ .
Check out our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SenateDistrict07DFL/) for up to the minute goings on.
SD7 CHAIR STATEMENTS
- May 12, 2017 – The Senate District 07 DFL commends Governor Mark Dayton for standing up to the Republicans in the state legislature.
- August 8, 2017 – Posting from Congressman Nolan on Restoring Democracy
- Health Care
- President’s Ban on People from Muslim Countries
- Report on proven results of school lunch/food programs and Meals on Wheels
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Trump’s proposed budget
- Report: Governor Dayton’s report on Funding of Pre-K Education
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Trump’s Termination of DACA
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Comments on Minnesota Workers
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Paul Wellstone’s Legacy
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Legislative Panel’s Rejection of State Workers’ Negotiated Contract
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Tuesday’s Election Results
- Report: Ken Martin’s statements on Sexual Harassment
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Hateful Tweet
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on the GOP Tax Plan
- NY Times article on the cuts which will result from the Republicans’ Tax Plan – https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/us/politics/republicans-entitlement-programs-deficit.html
- Report: Ken Martin’s statement on Sen. Al Franken’s resignation
- Report: DNC Report of the Unity Reform Commission
- MN DFL: DFL GOP Tax Plan Bad for Minnesotans
- Statement from the spokesperson for the U.N. on President’s comment: UN Spokesperson on Trump Comment
ATTENTION CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR STATE-WIDE OFFICE & SEEKING DFL ENDORSEMENT FROM THE STATE DFL:
- Candidates seeking the DFL Endorsement for state offices–in particular, but not necessarily limited to, Governor–who are planning Introductory Meet and Greets in our area, or who are participating in Forums where all DFL candidates for the office have been invited–may wish to have these meetings and forums announced on the SD7 Web Page and social media. Such candidates, or their designee, should submit information in writing to the SD7 Chair, Theresa O’Halloran-Johnson (email@example.com). Upon approval of the SD7 Chair, the Communications Committee will authorize those in charge of the SD7 Web Page social media to post the information.
- Please note: Posting of such information does not constitute endorsement by SD7 DFL; such posting is for information only.
- At a Glance: SD7 DFL Caucus Explanation
- Locations: 2018 Senate District 7 DFL Caucus Locations
- If you are unable to attend but wish to become a delegate to the Endorsement Convention, submit this form:
- If you wish to bring a Resolution to the Caucus, download this form:
SD7 DFL Endorsement Convention – Saturday, March 24, 2018, all day (9:00 am Registration). Denfeld High School.
Congratulations to the Duluth DFL-endorsed candidates who won their races yesterday:
- Duluth City Council At Large – Zack Filipovich
- Duluth City Council District 2 – Joel Sipress
- ISD 709 School Board At Large – Sally Trnka and Josh Gorham
- ISD 709 School Board District 1 – Rosie Loeffler-Kemp
- ISD 709 School Board District 4 – Jill Lofald.
Congratulations also to the other Democrats who won election:
- Duluth City Council At Large – Barb Russ
- Duluth City Council District 4 – Renee Van Nett.
Thanks to those members of the SD7 DFL Executive Committee who offered to serve the community by running for the following offices:
- Duluth City Council At Large – Janet Kennedy and Rich Updegrove
- Duluth City Council District 4 – Tom Furman.
Finally, a huge thank you to those who worked so hard on behalf of DFL candidates.
To donate directly to the Seventh Senate District DFL, see:
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
We refer you from time to time to interesting letters to the editor or editorials. See http://www.dfl.org/sd07/home/letters-to-the-editor/ . Latest: GOP Tax Bill (Nov 30, 2017).
From the 15th Annual Solon Munger Dinner, September 8, 2017
Laverne Capan and Wayne Pulford, Distinguished Leadership Award; Milo Amundson, Up-and-Coming Democrat Award; Rep. Melissa Hortman, Speaker
See more photos.
From the Labor Day Picnic, September 4, 2017
From the March for Science, Duluth, April 22, 2017
See other photos also.
From the Women’s March Duluth, January 21, 2017:
From the Women’s March St. Paul, January 21st:
ARCHIVED DOCUMENTS – PASSWORD PROTECTED: https://www.dfl.org/sd07/home/archived-documents-for-executive-committee
January 19, 2018